Release Date: November 2017
Craft Notes Passport Book is the easiest way to explore and support Minnesota craft!
Treat yourself, friends, co-workers, and family to a “Gift of Experiences” and start an immersive self-guided tour through visiting and supporting locally-owned Minnesota Breweries and Distilleries.
Volume 2 Passport is dedicated to exceptional Minnesota Makers that are “off the beaten path;” perfect for someone that tells you, “I’ve been everywhere…” and wants to try something new.
Your Passport Purchase Includes over
$150 $400 in Complimentary Craft Beers & Cocktails:
- Explore at your own pace! NO EXPIRATION
- Great experiences at 12 carefully selected, locally-owned, exceptional “off-the-beaten-path” makers.
- Recommendations directly from head brewers/distillers
- Over $150 in Craft Drinks; 6 Beers, 5 Cocktails, and 1 Winery
- NEW! 45-Day Mobile Access worth up to an additional $300 in drinks from over 80 venues
- A 10% contribution to the Humane Society
Additional info and included venues below.
At Your Own Pace, Explore a Thoughtfully Curated list of Local Makers “off the beaten path” in our Volume 2 Passport:
- Forager Brewing (craft beer)
- Flying Dutchman Distillery (cocktail)
- Lawless Distilling (cocktail)
- Barley John’s (craft beer)
- Lupulin (craft beer)
- Utepils (craft beer)
- Urban Growler (craft beer)
- Twin Spirits Distillery (cocktail)
- Next Chapter Winery (wine flight)
- Copperwing Distillery (cocktail)
- Can Can Wonderland (cocktail)
Volume 2 Brewery & Distillery Map
(*Map for all Volumes. Please make sure to select the proper filter for accurate map of this one)
The “off-the-beaten-path” Concept
VOLUME 2 was curated to offer NEW Experiences “off-the-beaten-path” as we’ve selected award-winning Minnesota craftsmen that are in more unique, spread-out locations and pays tribute to some of the (few) Women-Owned Breweries & Distilleries. We want you to have an adventure and try something new, and for many of you, you’ll be visiting many new places and neighborhoods.
Learn More about the concept and how we chose the places we did for Volume 2.
Unique Design + Quality Printing
A lot of care was put into making the highest quality, durable, engaging book we could. Printed on high-quality, durable, and sustainable materials, each book is designed to be both informative and offer you the best experience.
- Craft Notes v2 passport is a mixed-media project; graphic design, illustration, and photography
- Each passport is a 2-color screen print done in collaboration by local artists led by Keith Williams.
- All photos are taken by Craft Notes photographers
- The Cover Stock is heavy-weight, 100lb, textured cover made of 50% recycled fibers from the Midwest
- Interior pages are printed on 80% recycled paper
- Learn More about the artistic process
How Drink Passports Work
- Bring your book to each location and…
- …when your tab comes, the staff will stamp it and take 1 drink off your tab*.
- You just tip like you got a free drink, because you did:)
(How Passports Work)
*Great with friends!* Complimentary drinks are provided for each book, so multiple books may be used on a single tab (ie. 2 books gets the 1st round of 2 drinks).
*Remember* Craft Notes is about supporting great local businesses and their local staff! Many of whom love talking beer, so bring a friend, grab a spot at the bar, and settle in for a good time…
Explore at your own pace. Our Passports are the best way for you experience and support the most phenomenal local craftsmen that are helping shape Minnesota culture. You’ll always have something new to do and a complimentary drink to enjoy when you do it!
“We hope you enjoy the “Off the beaten path” experiences we’ve put together. Volume 2 is my personal favorite edition. Me and my wife use it for dates as an excuse to visit a new part of the cities, try a new restaurant, and then after-dinner drinks…
– Matt D. Craft Notes Founder